1/2 bunch Silverbeet
1 14oz can kidney beans
Curry powder or paste (or herbs)
1 14oz can chopped tomatoes
2 Tbs tomato paste
1. Dice vegetables and place in a saucepan with the tin tomatoes. Add curry powder OR herbs. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, stir in tomato paste. Cook for 20 mins or until vegetables are cooked and mixture has thickened. Stir in couple pinches bicarb soda (optional- reduces acidity of tomatoes).
2. Rinse tin beans and add.
3. Wash and chop silverbeet, place in microwave container and microwave 1-2 mins. Press moisture from silverbeet.
Assemble lasagne -
4. Thin layer of vegetable mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish, then a layer of lasagne sheets, vegetable tomato mixture, then silverbeet, followed by lasagne sheets. Continue layers, ending with vegetable tomato layer.
5. Cover with grated cheese on top.
6. Bake in mod oven 375f for 30 mins.