1 pound seitan (preferably homemade) medallions/cutlets
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brandy (or bourbon)
2 tbsp whole grain or Dijon mustard (I use spicy brown mustard)
2 tbsp ketchup
1) Fry seitan in oil until it browns.
2) While it browns, mix the ingredients of the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
3) When seitan is browned, remove from pan and place on a plate.
4) Pour sauce into the pan and cook and stir until it bubbles and thickens.
5) Return seitan to pan and coat with sauce.
6) Serve. If there is leftover sauce, you can spoon it over the seitan medallions.