Cold Chicken Salad
2 cups dry bowtie noodles, cooked to al dente according to package directions
2 tablespoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 (12-ounce) block extra firm tofu, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
2 tablespoons lemon pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Louisiana hot sauce)
1. In a bowl, sprinkle cooked noodles with a pinch salt and lemon juice; stir to combine.
2. On a plate, sprinkle both sides of tofu strips with remaining salt, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, chili powder, and onion powder.
3. In a pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook until browned and kind of crispy (it only takes a few minutes). When tofu is cool enough, cut it into bite-sizes squares.
4. In a bowl, combine the noodles, tofu, and vegan mayonnaise; gently stir mix. Add the hot sauce; gently fold to combine.
5. Chill until cold and then eat.