added this 3 years ago
What you need:
1 cup almonds
1 garlic clove (more if you'd like), minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice (I like to put a little extra)
Salt to taste
What you do:
1. In a blender or food processor, grind the almonds until the oils have started to make the substance thick (for thinner almond cheese, grind longer).
2. Take your almond butter and spoon it into a medium sized bowl, then set aside.
3. Soak garlic in olive oil for a bit (or if you don't mind non-raw cheese, roast garlic with two tablespoons of olive oil at 425 degrees).
4. Add lemon juice and salt to the almond butter, before adding the garlic and olive oil that it was soaked/roasted in.
5. If your almond cheese is chunky, and not a thin spread, wrap it in cheese cloth and refrigerate it. It keeps for a little over two weeks. If you made a spread, enjoy it on your favorite crackers!
Chef's note: If you want a little kick to the almond cheese, add cayenne pepper. I’ve also noticed that lemon-pepper tastes pretty good in almond cheese when it’s in small amounts!