You are here

Member since May 2006

Best Ranch Dressing or Dip

What you need: 

1 cup vegan mayonnaise or sour cream (I use Vegenaise or Tofutti)
2 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash dill weed
black pepper, to taste
plain unsweetened nondairy milk (if making dressing), as needed

What you do: 

1. Whisk all the ingredients together and chill in the fridge until very cold, then serve.
2. If making dressing, add nondairy milk until desired consistency is reached.
Dip is great with chips or vegetables. Also nice to dip fried tofu and things like that in.
Source of recipe: I adapted this from my old ranch dressing recipe that was not vegan. This has been fed to omnis and passes all taste tests across the board by kids and adults alike. People say it tastes better than anything they have ever had from a bottle, vegan or not.

Preparation Time: 
2 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Delicious! My husband strongly dislikes ranch, and he wasn't fond of our Tofutti Sour Cream when I picked it up, so like Yellowsub I looked for recipes to "enhance" it. We were in the mood for chickenless wings this afternoon, and this became the perfect dipping sauce. Even with his distaste for the no. 1 ingredient AND ranch, he dipped every one of his "wings" in the sauce!

I didn't change anything from the original (and didn't need to add non-dairy milk). The only fresh spice I used was parsley. Man that was good! I'm going to make fries later and dip them as well.

0 likes

Hallelujah! This is deeeeelicious! Who knew something so fabulous could come out of so few ingredients?! I didn't have parsley but it was amazing anyways. Paired with organic carrots and I'm in heaven. Thank you thank you!  :)>>>

0 likes

This is so good! I'm transitioning from lacto-ovo to vegan and this is a great replacement for a creamy veggie dip.

0 likes

excellent ranch.  it turned out a little salty when i made it, but i think it was the salt in addition to the vegenaise that caused a problem.  i had to use a brand of vegenaise that i wasnt familiar with, and the taste was different from Follow Your Heart.

i used almond milk and a lot of freshly cracked black pepper and it came together well.  it was awesome with tofu buffalo wings!

0 likes

This is AMAZING. I didn't add milk and replaced it as a veggie dip in a veggie tray for a work potluck and everyone LOVED IT. Then I add unsweetened soy when I want a dressing for salads. Best recipe EVER!  :)>>>

0 likes

My meat eating husband had some tofutti sour cream for the first time and didn't like it.  I quickly whipped up this recipe, handed the *enhanced* sour cream back to him with a box of crackers...he proceeded to eat half of it.  

Successful Modification: I didn't have onion powder so I finely chopped up a couple tablespoons of red onion.  

0 likes

I just made this for my son to take to his preschool Christmas party tomorrow. This is definitely the best vegan ranch I've had! My son loves it too. Thanks for the recipe!

0 likes

I tried this one out - but I made mine without the dill weed. It turned out pretty good. Actually, I was pretty impressed with it. It only took a little bit too. This was a great way to spend a couple dollars.

0 likes

This is the best ranch dip I have ever had, vegan or otherwise.  I used Vegenaise and did not add the soymilk.  I didn't bother to chill it, because I wanted to try it right away with some vegan "chicken" I made earlier today.  HEAVEN! 

0 likes