VegWeb originally launched in the mid-90's, the personal project of a dedicated woman who wanted a welcoming hub to share and discuss delicious vegetarian food. Fast forward to 2012, when the site is so much more than she could've ever imagined: Over 15,000 recipes, 150,000 members, and a dynamic community of VegWebbers who populate our active forums. The site's content and members have always been our biggest asset , but we quickly realized the look from 1996 had to go.
Today we welcome you to the new and improved VegWeb! We're so thrilled to share what we've been steadily working on trying to perfect for a long time. You'll notice the nuts and bolts of the site are the same—we still have the most amazing user generated content on the web, thanks to you—but we've revamped the design and functionality to fully showcase your work. We hope you'll dive in and explore the new VegWeb with us! We want you to add new recipes, forum posts and to fully fill out your profile. Play around, get used to the new site and most importantly, have fun. Since this is our soft launch, there are still adjustments to be made, and we welcome any and all feedback. If you have any opinions or thoughts on the new site, please reach out to me at email@example.com
We're ecstatic today is here, and we're overjoyed that you're here to celebrate with us. To VegWeb!
Peace in your kitchen,
p.s. We know that there are site functionality missing from this soft launch, but we want you to know they're coming. Here's the current list:
1) An Advanced Search mechanism so that members can search by both recipes and forums (currently all search capability is just for recipe search), as well as by meta data fields like: Raw, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Low Fat, Fat Free, Kid Friendly, Quick and Easy, Soy Free, Nut Free, Wheat Free
2) A "report abuse" button to flag abusive content in forums.
3) Post Count - members to see their post counts in the forums to know how many posts they have written on VegWeb!
4) Member Photos - a gallery will be created to house member photos and we'll import current member photos into it. Some of you may have member photos already imported and you'll all be able to upload one new photo, we're just not sure what will happen with those when we push all the photos onto the new site. Stay tuned!
5) There's some errant code in recipes and forums that we're working on cleaning up!
If you notice anything else off, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you again!