Speedy Grilled Pizza
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon sweetener
1 cup warm water
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups spelt flour/brown rice flour mix (any lighter flour will work; even all purpose)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons mixed herbs (I used oregano, basil and garlic powder)
1. In a bowl, mix yeast and sweetener with wrist temperature warm water. Stir until dissolved. Let sit for a few minutes. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in yeast mixture, oil and herbs.
2. Stir until loose ball forms. Knead until elastic. Leave in oiled bowl for however long you want. I was busy, so it sat for about 30 minutes and doubled in that time! However, you can use this immediately, it does not have to rise.
3. Once risen, you can divide this into at least 2 very large crusts. I divided into 5 nice thin crusts; the size of my pizza stone. Roll out on floured surface. The smaller they are, the easier they handle on the grill.
4. Roll out about 1/4-1/2" thick. Lay crust on a plate, dust with cornmeal/ground flaxseed. Layer with another crust. Repeat. Preheat grill to low heat, and carefully place 1 crust over low flame. Watch closely, about 3-5 minutes, turn.
5. Cook this side only until done, not too brown. Remember that once the toppings are on, the crust will cook even more. You do want it done at this point though. Take crusts off grill. Top with your favorite veggies. Place crusts back on grill. Close the lid, and check every few minutes.
The veggies will still be a little on the fresh side, which I personally love. If you have cheese, it will definitely melt quickly. We use the top rack of the grill to keep the crusts from over cooking before the toppings are done. If your grill only has 1 rack, just watch closely, or pre-cook your veggies a tad. Voila! Pizza on the grill!
Source of recipe: Worked it up myself. http://runhardeatclean.blogspot.com/