1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup applesauce or vegetable oil (I use applesauce)
4 [ur=http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7678.0]egg equivalents, prepared
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt [u]Icing[/u]:
1 (8-ounce) package vegan cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened (I use Earth Balance)
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Bars: In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, applesauce, and egg replacer; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; thoroughly mix. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture; mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting
4. Icing: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and margarine; beat until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar; mix at low speed until well mixed. Add vanilla extract; mix until thoroughly blended.
5. Spread icing on cooled pumpkin bars, then cut into squares and serve.
Source of recipe: Paula Deens recipe veganized. To tell the truth its better with applesauce than with oil. Best recipe EVER!!!!