olive oil, as needed
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced or sliced thinly
1/4 cup onions, diced
1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 portobello mushroom cap, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 burrito sized whole wheat flour tortilla
3 tablespoons refried beans
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese, optional
3 tablespoons salsa, optional
1. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until tender-crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Add portobello and broccoli and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add chili powder and cumin. Mix well and turn heat to low. Leave to simmer for 3 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Meanwhile, heat a griddle or another skillet on low-medium heat.
3. Place tortilla on griddle or in second skillet for a few seconds, just to warm it a bit (no oil needed). Remove tortilla from heat and place on plate. Spread refried beans on 1/2 the tortilla.
4. Top same 1/2 with veggie mixture and cheese (if using). Fold in 1/2 and place on heated griddle or pan. Heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, just until tortilla is slightly browned.
5. Remove from heat, cut into triangles and enjoy topped with salsa!
I've made these with and without cheese, and they're wonderful either way. Very filling. My whole (non-vegan) family loves them.