3/4 to 1 cup graham crumbs
1/4 cup quick oats
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon melted (or just very soft) vegan margarine
2 to 3 tablespoons nondairy milk
2 to 3 tablespoons liquid sweetener (e.g., maple syrup)
3/4 cup wheat squares cereal (e.g., Shreddies)
3/4 cup raspberry jam
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups carob chips (or non-dairy chocolate; most dark is N/D)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. [u]Base Layer[/u]: In a bowl, use a fork to blend together the graham crumbs, quick oats, and margarine. Blend in the nondairy and liquid sweetener, beginning with the smaller amount and adding more until the batter holds together. Spread the batter in a square 8" x 8" pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
3. [u]Middle Layer[/u]: In a bowl, thoroughly mix the cereal jam, and peanut butter. Spread over top of baked base layer. Bake for another 5 minutes.
4. [u]Top Layer[/u]: In a double boiler (or in the microwave), melt the carob chips. Personally, I use non-dairy, dark chocolate. Once melted, spread over baked middle layer.
5. Let set in the fridge for a few hours. When chilled, cut into bars and try not to devour them all at once!!
These are hugely tasty; its amazing what you can come up with on a dull Sunday afternoon!