nonstick cooking spray
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, plus more for pan
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
egg replacer (2 egg equivalent)
1/2 cup oil
about 3 ounces extra firm tofu (1/4 of the package)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup plain soy milk
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup water
1/2 cup minced fresh ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit with rack in the lower third of oven. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with waxed paper, then spray the paper. Dust the entire pan with flour and shake out the excess.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Blend tofu, lemon juice, and soy milk in an electric blender until smooth.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together molasses, egg replacer, oil, and tofu mixture.
5. Boil cup of water and dissolve baking soda into it. Fold the baking soda and molasses mixtures into dry ingredients until combined. (Do not overmix.) Fold in the minced ginger.
6. Scrape batter into the prepared baking pan; bake until cake is set around edges and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioner's sugar.
Source of recipe: I found a recipe online for gingerbread, changed it around a bit, and this is what I came up with.