Ghanaian Spinach Stew
1/3 to 1/2 cup palm oil (or any oil of your choice, I use olive)
1-2 small hot peppers - whatever you prefer
1 cup tomato sauce
1 large onion
1 package of frozen spinach
1 large yam or you can use rice
2 cloves garlic
dried African hot pepper or small amount of ground habanero pepper
1. Heat oil.
2. Slice onion and add to oil.
3. Cook for about 10 min, on medium low heat, or until onion is slightly golden brown.
3. Cut up hot pepper, add to mixture.
4. Cut tomato and garlic cloves and add to mixture.
5. Cook for 5 min, add spice/ dried pepper.
6. Add tomato sauce.
7. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
8. Add frozen spinach, break it up as it melts.
9. Simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Boil yams (Not sweet potato) (available at ethnic/African grocery store) or rice.
11. Serve stew over yams or rice