Cookies and 'Cream' Truffles
1 package (36-45) vegan chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos or equivalent)
8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened
16 ounces vegan chocolate chips or baking chocolate
1. Crush 36 cookies into fine crumbs with a food processor or chopper. You could also do this by placing the cookies in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
2. In a bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and the softened cream cheese until well blended. Roll the cookie mixture into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
3. Melt the chocolate. Coat the balls in the chocolate by using a spoon to get some chocolate on the balls and then use your fingers to spread it around. Place on waxed paper to firm up. (It's okay if it's messy, it will look kinda neat when it hardens that way. I coat half in semi-sweet chocolate and half in white chocolate.)
4. If desired, crush any leftover cookies and sprinkle them on top of the truffles.
5. Refrigerate until firm (about an hour).
These truffles are a real crowd pleaser. They taste great and look professional. Every time I make them people can't believe they're homemade.