12-15 corn tortillas
2 cups vegan chicken, diced (I use Lightlife Chicken Strips)
oil, for cooking
paprika, to taste
chili powder, to taste
cayenne powder, to taste
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese (I use Follow Your Heart)
1 green chile, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1. Lightly cook corn tortillas in a dry pan to soften them up so they won't break when you roll them. You can also heat them up in the microwave (with napkins in between them) for about 4 seconds for same effect. Set aside.
2. In frying pan, cook diced vegan chicken in a bit of oil. Add spices to chicken, according to taste. Once the vegan chicken is almost done cooking, add shredded vegan cheese to pan. Stir and continue cooking.
3. Add diced chile and jalapeno. Continue stirring and cooking until everything is mixed together and the vegan chicken is a medium brown. Put in a bowl when fully cooked.
4. Using the same pan, add 1-2 tablespoons oil. Take a tortilla, add a bit of the chicken mixture, and roll up.
5. Place the rolled end down in the pan (this helps to hold the taquito together better) and turn when side becomes lightly browned. Turn taquito so that all sides brown.
Enjoy with vegan sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, or by themselves. Tabasco goes wonderfully on them.
Source of recipe: I came up with this recipe while craving taquitos.