3 cup flour (sifted)
3 teaspoon baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
1/4 cup sugar
1 (12 oz) can beer (I’ve used an Apricot Wheat)
1/8 to 1/4 cup melted vegan margarine + extra for brushing.
I believe I modified this recipe from Food Network.
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar very well.
3. Add margarine and beer, mix well, but not too much.
4. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
5. Bake 50 minutes, brush top with margarine, bake additional 3 to 5 minutes until top is golden/light brown.
6. Cool 5-10 minutes, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes more before cutting.
- I usually add 1/4 cup raisins to mixture before baking.
- Walnuts or pecans might also be good to use.