Baked Macaroni and "Cheese"
6 cups macaroni
8 ounces vegetable broth
vegan butter, as needed
1 1/2 cups nondairy milk (I use soy)
1/2 cup vegan creamer
1 1/2 (8 ounce) containers vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
4 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 bag (4 ounces) vegan mozzarella shreds (I use Daiya mozzarella style shreds)
1/2 bag (4 ounces) vegan cheddar shreds (I use Daiya cheddar style shreds)
1. Boil enough water in pot for pasta, and add macaroni and vegetable broth. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Butter a large baking pan. Add milk, creamer, vegan cream cheese, and flour to a mixing bowl, and microwave 2 minutes; stir.
3. When macaroni is cooked to desired softness, strain and add to prepared baking pan. Pour contents of mixing bowl on top, and stir. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, vegan mozzarella, and vegan cheddar.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on the top rack. Next, switch to broiler mode and set broiler to 420 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until the vegan cheese gets some crispy brown spots on the top.
5. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and eat.
See my youtube video for a demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsFE5T2AE3c&feature=player_embedded
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. Be sure to check out all the videos on my youtube channel!