Almond Cheese Pizza
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon vegan butter (Earth Balance)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon fennel
3 1/3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups Water (divided)
1/2 cup raw almonds
3 tablespoons 807]cornstarch or arrowroot
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons nutrition yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
4 tablespoons vegan butter (Earth Balance)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoons vegan parmesan
1 bag spinach (remove stems)
1 large diced tomatoes
1 medium diced onions
1 diced green bell pepper
broccoli thinly sliced
1 can sliced olives
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the garlic salt, butter, Italian seasoning, fennel, and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a bowl coated with olive oil, and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
4. Begin by blanching the almonds: In a small saucepan, place 2 inches of water, and bring to a boil. Add the almonds and cook for 1 minute to blanch them. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside for 3 minutes to cool. Remove the almonds from the water, squeeze each almond between your thumb and forefinger to remove the skin, and set them aside to dry and cool.
5. Place almond in a blender or food processor and process for 1-2 minutes to finely grind them. Scrape down the sides of the container. Add ¾ cup of water and process for 1 minute to combine. Add remaining water, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, basil, parley, butter, nutmeg, white pepper, and vegan parmesan NOT THE MUSHROOMS YET! Continue processing the mixture an additional 1-2 minutes or until very creamy and smooth.
6. Transfer the mixture back to the small saucepan. Now you can add the mushrooms and place it over high heat. Start cooking, well whisking CONSTANTLY! Take off heat when consistency is the equivalent of pudding.
7. Next thinly slice the broccoli and steam it for 4 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it. Put the toppings on in this order spinach, tomatoes, onions, green bell pepper, almond cheese, broccoli, and olives.