2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon dried basil *or* 1/2 cup chopped fresh
1 1/4 cup water or vegetable stock
1 cup couscous
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper

What you do: 

This is a very easy recipe...and its sooo yummy!
1) In a nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic for 2 minutes or until softened.
2) Add basil (if using dried) and water; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, basil (if using fresh), and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe can also be made ahead and kept refrigerated for up to a day.

Preparation Time: 
approx. 20 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Forgot to add that I also put some balsalmic vinegar in the dish as well.  YUM

0 likes

Fantastic!  I made this for a traveling potluck meal my local vegetarian/vegan group had and it was a HUGE success.  I made two whole boxes of couscous up and it was all gone!  :)

0 likes

okay, i made this again using a small can of salsa de fresco and only 1 cup water. added half a small red onion with the garlic in the beginning and topped it off with a can of chickpeas and a little margarine. mighty tasty!

and the fresh basil really does make a difference!!

0 likes

i embelishe'd a little myself. first i sauteed some onions and minced celery with the garlic. i didn't have any fresh tomatoes, so after the onions and stuff were done cooking, i added a small can of tomato sauce along with a good amount of indian curry powder and a dash of cumin. i added a can of chickpeas at the end to top it off.

love this recipe :)

0 likes