You are here

Member since April 2003

Super Easy Vegan Pancakes(waffles)

What you need: 

1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoon sweetener ( sugar, succanat, etc)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon oil
1 1/2 cups water

What you do: 

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients seperately. Combine to make pancake/waffle batter. Cook on an ungreased, non-stick or greased griddle. Eat with lots of margarine and syrup, yum.

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was my very first attempt at vegan waffles as well. I loved the recipe! Super easy and they turned out great. I made tiny alterations to the original recipe. I used coconut oil, coconut sugar and added a bit of almond milk to the water.

*pic is from my instagram account!

0 likes

These were great with 1/4 flaxseed and 1 c flour. I used applesauce instead of oil and I used almond milk instead of water. I also added some cinnamon. The whole family loved them, vegans and carnivores alike!

0 likes

Easily the worst recipe I have ever made :( Super disappointed.

0 likes

i made this with about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and it was really good =D

0 likes

I took the advice about adding the vinegar, applesauce & whatnot & these were REALLY good!  My meateating hubby even liked them!  We added some blueberries to them too.  Very yummy!

0 likes

This was my first attempt at vegan pancakes and it was wonderful.  I took several of the suggestions....I used 2 T of maple syrup in place of the sweetener, 2 T of applesauce in place of the oil, 1C soy milk and 1/2C water, 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour and 1T of vinegar.  I topped mine with a little raw unsalted organic peanut butter and real maple syrup.  Even my carnivore hubby and father-in-law loved them.  I'm slowly convincing them that vegan is the way to go...haha.

0 likes