You are here

Member since October 2006

Simple Chickpea Vegetable Bake

What you need: 

2 medium white potatoes, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, chopped
olive oil, as needed
8-10 asparagus spears. chopped
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (or 1-2 cups cooked)
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Generously coat casserole dish with olive oil, and add potatoes. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the potatoes and stir. Add the asparagus, chickpeas and garlic.
3. Return to oven for 25-30 minites. or until all vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally during baking and add olive oil as needed to prevent sticking and to enhance flavor. Season, to taste.
Serve and enjoy! If asparagus is not in season, try broccoli, spinach or another green veggie.

Preparation Time: 
45 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
2-4
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I love this, looks very simple to make and great use for chickpeas Text Psychic

0 likes

Sorry, didn't like this one.  Tried to spice it up but it didn't help much.  We originally had it for a main dish and it was way to bland.  DH had it as a side w/ a burrito the next day & it was ok.  Won't make again.

0 likes

I was skeptical of this recipe because it didn't have a lot of seasonings but it was really good.  I used rosemary and garlic flavored olive oil and used all sweet potatoes instead of the white potatoes.  I am sharing this with my non-veg friends. 

0 likes

I didn't bake it at all - threw it in a frying pan with the spices/seasonings suggested by other posters and it was lovely! Made it with zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, butternut squash, and chickpeas.

0 likes

yum! this is great. i added some corn and white beans. i only used salt, pepper, and parsley flakes and it's really flavorful!

0 likes

Yeah, people, listen to LongLiveLove...CUT THE POTATOES SMALL!  I too learned the hard way-oops!  The recipe is simple, elegant, and wholesome.  Good stuff.  Next time i'm adding fresh mushrooms and an onion.  I added some cauliflower but otherwise followed the recipe, seasoned with salt, fresh black pepper and some red pepper flakes.
xoxoC

0 likes

This was a very easy recipe to make. I added celery, red onions, and mushrooms, but forgot the garlic (oops). I seasoned with Mrs Dash original, and baked for only 20 minutes (I don't like my veggies mushy), and the dish came out tasty... Not 'sex in my mouth' good, but I will most likely make it again.

0 likes

I made this last night and it was very good.  Very simple and lets the vegetables natural flavors shine.  I seasoned it with lots of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little oregano.  It also tasted good with hot sauce :D  I do suggest cutting up the potatoes pretty small or they take longer to cook....I learned that the hard way.
A wholesome dish and a good way to get some fiber in

0 likes

i used rice vinegar instead of olive oil, too. i can't believe how good this turned out! it was incredibly filling and soo delicious. i added mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, oregano, basil, pepper and a little bit of cayenne pepper so it'd have a bit of spice. i cheated a little and threw a handful of feta in my bowl (it was almost vegan!) after it was cooked, along with some huge slices of avocado and some spike.

0 likes

I really liked the idea of this recipe!  It was so easy to use just whatever I had on hand!!  I used a yam instead of a sweet potato and added shallots, mushrooms and squash.  Very filling.  Instead of so much olive oil, I also added rice wine vinegar to avoid anything sticking to the pan

0 likes

Pages