You are here

Member since February 2005

Easy Peanut Butter Cups

What you need: 

chocolate chips
peanut butter

What you do: 

Take 2 paper muffin cases, put one inside the other.
Cover the bottom of the muffin case with a layer of chocolate chips. Put into microwave for a few seconds until the chips melt (watch it carefully because they burn if left in there too long!) Take out of microwave and add a tablespoon of peanut butter, return to microwave again for a few seconds. Stir in more chocolate chips (as many as you want!).
Freeze until firm.

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I saw this recipe in passing one day and thought, "hmmm, what a nice idea" but I didn't try it until last night. All I can say is: best. idea. ever.
So easy, so tasty, so cheap. I make one at a time so as to pursue some kind of vague idea about moderation  :P Thanks for sharing! It's simple but I never would have thought of it on my own.

0 likes

I make these more often than I choose to admit. I have tried a few different fillings as well, like Ricemellow, mixing shredded coconut or chopped nuts, it is all so delicious! Maybe I will try jam, too. Such a simple and awesome idea, thanks!

I forgot to note that when making with Ricemellow...DO NOT MICROWAVE THE MELLOW!!! It basically explodes. I melt a mini cup full of chips and then i put a glob on mellow in and push it into the center. SO good! :)

0 likes

I make these more often than I choose to admit. I have tried a few different fillings as well, like Ricemellow, mixing shredded coconut or chopped nuts, it is all so delicious! Maybe I will try jam, too. Such a simple and awesome idea, thanks!

0 likes

yummmy... i used carob chips and added some agave to crunchy pb. sprinkled coconut on top and... voila!

0 likes

:) Thanks for the EASY idea!  I made it even simpler by putting the CAROB chips in the bottom of the cup cake paper, adding a dab of natural peanut butter in the middle and sprinkling more CAROB chips on top.  I put it on a small plate and stuck it in the microwave on half power or less and cooked it for about 2 minutes.  I kept checking it, so I'm not sure about the total time.  I do know that you can't cook CAROB chips in the microwave on full power - they just get hard. 
So, it all melted together and I put it in the freezer for a few minutes and it's done! YEAH!
I like to add a little peppermint extract to the carob chips.  I put a few drops right on top of the carob chips after putting them in the cup cake paper.  Super simple!
Enjoy!

0 likes

One word- INCREDIBLE!! Esp. b/c they're so easy!!! ;)b

0 likes

Yum!!! I melted normal sugar in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of water and worked the peanut butter into it, it had the most wonderful texture. I also used my finger to spread the chocolate cos I didn't have a brush and it turned out really well!!! Oh and aluminium cases are a must!

0 likes

this is one of my new favorite snacks- I use little mini muffin papers so I wind up with something like a mini-reese's cup...which is good because since trying this recipe yesterday, I've had three. :-) so quick and easy and soooooo good!

0 likes