1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup uncooked quinoa
3-4 zucchini, chopped
3 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
1 (15 ounce) can beans, drained
1 bunch greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens, chard), chopped

What you do: 

1. In a big pot, saute the garlic with the carrot, celery, broccoli, pepper flakes, thyme and sage, 1 or 2 minutes. Use only a small bit of olive oil for this, and if it starts sticking to the bottom, use broth to deglaze.
2. Add the broth and/or water, fresh tomato and the diced tomato. Bring to a simmer, cook for 5-10 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook, covered, for another 10 minutes.
3. Add the zucchini, curry powder and beans, cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. When the soup is done, add the chopped greens and mix well.
This stew is extremely tasty, nutritious, and easy to make!

Preparation Time: 
10 min, Cooking time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 
25 min
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I made this last night, but I haven't eaten it yet. Smells divine! I actually can't wait to get home so I can have it for dinner with some crackers. :) I used fresh basil since I didn't have any sage, but I do have 5 containers of curry powder for some reason and I remember a lot of Thai dishes used curry and basil together. This made a ton of soup and can easily thin out if you need to feed a lot of people or store it for the next snowpocalypse.

0 likes

Just made this.  It's quite good.  I was a bit skeptical about this combination of veggies, but it seems perfect to me.  It tastes really fresh and healthy, but also delicious!  It was also pretty easy and relatively quick.  The more I eat the more I love it!

This does make a lot, but I was able to make it in a 5QT pot, so you don't need a big stock pot or anything.

0 likes

This is delicious. I forgot to drain the can of tomatoes- but I didn't notice until I was done and looked at the recipe. I used vegetable broth and black beans. No red pepper flakes. It made a TON (13 cups), but its' really good, so we'll go through it quickly.

0 likes

I can't believe how good this is! I picked it out because I've been eating like crud and needed something healthy but it is GOOD! I used 1T better than bouillon in the water, Kale, light red kidney beans and red quinoa. WOW. I can't stop raving it is delicious, so much so that I uploaded my first pic on here so that others could see it's deliciousness. Oh yea and my somewhat picky 12 year old ate the whole bowl in the picture ;)b I served with the baking soda biscuits on this website (with a little mrs. dash seasoning mixed in) YUM!

0 likes