Yummy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup granola, ground
1/2 cup walnuts, or any nut that you prefer, ground
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon cinnamon
A pinch sea salt
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup agave
2/3 cup brown rice syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Using a blender or food processor, blend the granola and walnuts until they are a powdery texture with just a bit of chunks from the walnuts.
3) In a large mixing bowl, add flour, oatmeal, ground oatmeal and ground walnuts. Add raisins, coconut, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
4) In a second bowl, combine the oil, agave, brown rice syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir to blend together and then add to the wet ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together until it is all well incorporated. Add additional liquids if you think you need them.
5) Form 2 or 3 inch balls onto your already lined parchment paper cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with your hands and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a golden brown on top.
6) Once cookies are done, let cool for 10 minutes and ENJOY!!! These cookies are just simply delicious, I hope you enjoy them just as much as me and my family do! :)
EXTRA NOTE......if you want an extra kick to your cookies try adding in some Carob Chips! I haven't tried it yet but I think I might next time! :D
Source of recipe: This recipe was modified from this one:http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080922/OREGONHEA...