Yummy Sweet and Spicy Chili
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (12 ounce) package vegan chorizo, optional (I use soyrizo)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced, optional
1 onion, chopped
1/2-1 cup frozen corn
1 jalapeno, chopped
3 cups canned beans (I use 1 cup navy, black and kidney or 3 cups of one)
2 (8 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
4-6 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour, optional
2-4 tablespoons agave syrup
1 tablespoon garlic powder
generous dashes black pepper
generous dashes paprika
generous dashes cumin
generous dashes chili powder
1 (7 1/2 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped and sauce reserved
1. In a medium saucepan, warm up 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium heat. Add the vegan chorizo and garlic (if using) and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until done.
2. In a big pot, toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat and let it warm up for 1-2 minutes. Throw in the onions and cook until translucent and light yellowish-brown, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add the corn and jalapeno and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add the beans, stewed tomatoes, and vegetable broth (adjust veggie broth according to how soupy you want it).
4. If you want the soup more on the thick side, mix the vegetable broth with the flour or cornstarch, then throw it in the pot. Stir well.
5. Add the vegan chorizo, agave, spices, and chipotle peppers. Pour adobe sauce from can into the pot and stir. Bring it to a boil and give it one good stir and then cover and lower heat. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Throw it in a bowl, and munch on it with bread, or throw it on a veggie dog with some daiya! I made nachos with this recipe before and they were delicious!
Source of recipe: I have been playing around with some chili recipes for awhile, and have finally come to conclude that this is the best chili recipe I have made!