1/2 package (4 ounces) vegan cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vegan Parmesan
1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
2 servings pasta dough (I use http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=37854.0)
1 teaspoon olive oil, for boiling water
pinch salt, for boiling water
1. Combine the cream cheese with the oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well. Mash the parmesan and the mozzarella cheese.
2. Combine the cream cheese mixture with the cheese mixture. Mix well. Set aside. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out the pasta dough until slightly thin. With either a small round cookie cutter or the opening of a glass, create circles in your dough.
3. Place 1 teaspoon of the tortellini mixture in the center of each of the circles. Fold over and seal with water.
4. Take the stuffed side of the tortellini and place it against the back of your finger. Push down to create a ring around your finger to get that distinct tortellini shape.
5. In a medium pot of boiling water, add the salt and olive oil, then cook the tortellini until they float (only a few minutes). Let cook for 1 minute after they start to float. Do not overcrowd the pot with tortellini or else they will stick together.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2011/02/shrimp-scampi-balsamic-sage-butter...