2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup espresso
1-1/2 tablespoons Grand Mariner
1 (8-ounce) container vegan cream cheese
1/2 cup vegan sour cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
1/4 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lady fingers cake
cocoa powder, to dust
powdered sugar, to dust
shaved dark vegan chocolate, to top
1. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; whisk until smooth. In another small bowl, combine espresso with Grand Mariner; stir to combine.
2. Custard: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, amaretto, milk, agave, and vanilla; whisk together until no lumps are found.
3. In a small pot over medium heat, add the custard mixture; bring to a boil. dd the cornstarch mixture; reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until it looks thick (rather than runny). Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Using a 3" diameter round cookie cutter (or a round form), cut out three circles from the lady finger cake. Dip a both sides of the circle in the coffee mixture, then place on a plate and top with the custard mixture. Repeat steps to stack remaining cake circles on top of one another.
5. Top the tiramisu with cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and shaved chocolate.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-day-spaghetti-heart-sha...