Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 small onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
3 stems kale, optional
1" piece fresh ginger, grated and juiced, optional
1-2 teaspoons curry powder (cumin, coriander, turmeric, etc.)
pinch sea salt
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Put the sweet potato and onion in a pot with about 1 cup water and a sprinkle salt, and bring to a low boil with the lid on. Let them cook for about 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is pretty soft.
2. Add the zucchini to the pot, stir it in, and leave it for another 5 minutes, or longer if you want the zucchini to be really soft.
3. Puree the vegetables, along with the kale if you want to include it and maximize the nutrients in this soup.
4. Add water as you need to (including the cooking water from the sweet potatoes) to get the consistency you want. You can use a hand blender, but a food processor or full blender is better if you're using the kale.
5. Season the soup with the ginger, curry, salt, and sesame oil. Fresh ginger adds lots of flavor and nutrients.
Enjoy your vegan sweet potato soup topped with some pumpkin seeds.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this vegan sweet potato soup, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/vegan-sweet-potato-soup