Vegan Sweet Potato Recipe with Cider-Parsley Eggplant
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 orange, peeled and chopped
4 tablespoons flaked unsweetened coconut Cider-Parsley Eggplant:
1/2 eggplant, cubed
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
2 teaspoons tahini
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon water
salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. For sweet potatoes, put them in a large pot with a small amount of water, and rub in some salt. Bring to a boil, covered, and then turn down to simmer and let the sweet potatoes steam until they're soft.
2. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, orange pieces, and coconut. For eggplant, put the eggplant and garlic in a large pot with a small amount of water, and rub in some salt.
3. Bring to a boil, covered, and then turn down to simmer and let the eggplant steam until it's soft. Meanwhile, whisk the tahini and cider vinegar in a small bowl until it thickens.
4. Stir in the water with the tahini and vinegar to smooth the dressing out, adding enough to get the consistency you like.
5. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper to taste, and add the fresh parsley. Spoon the eggplant onto a plate and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with sweet potatoes.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this vegan sweet potato recipe with cider-parsley eggplant, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/vegan-sweet-potato-recipe