Vegan Raw(ish) Banana Coconut Cream Pie
¾ cup Pecans
1/3 cup Coconut Flakes
Six Medium Ripe Bananas
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk (is coconut milk raw? I don't know)
1 ¾ cup (400g) Coconut Manna aka Creamed Coconut
3oz (6 teaspoons) Agave Nectar
1. Put the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for a while.
2. Soak the coconut manna in hot water to melt it.
3. Blend the pecans and coconut flakes for the crust.
4. Mix them with enough agave to make a slightly sticky mix that holds together when pressed.
5. Press the crust into the pie pan and bake at 325 for 10 min. Alternatively, don’t bake; use dates instead of agave; or a completely different crust. There are planty of good crusts, many which are raw. It doesn’t matter that much.
6. Take out the coconut milk, flip it upside down, and open gently with a can opener.
7. Pour out the coconut water, it’s not needed.
8. Blend the bananas in a a Vitamix or other blender.
9. Add the cream from the coconut milk, the melted coconut manna, and the agave nectar, and blend until smooth.
10. Pour into a room temperature pie crust. There is enough filling to overflow the crust if you’re not careful. The filling should be thick enough though to just create a mound in the middle without any mess.
11. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
12. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 6-8 hours