Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
5 8 oz. containers vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
½ cup silken tofu
½ cup soy creamer
¾ cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons egg substitute powder
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 ½ cup fine graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons melted margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the crust: Mix the crumbs, vegan margarine and vegan sugar together well and press into greased 10” spring form pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes, take out and let cool.
3. Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees.
4. Beat together the egg substitute and vegan maple syrup.
5. In a large bowl, beat together cream vegan cheese, silken tofu, soy creamer, vegan sugar, and egg substitute mixture. Add the flour and spices, then the vanilla. Add the pumpkin and beat at medium speed until well blended.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 275 degrees and bake for an additional hour. Turn off the heat but leave the cake in the oven to cool for several hours or overnight.
7. Serve the cake either warm or chilled, with whipped tofu.