Vegan Orange Oreo Creamsicle Cupcakes!
1 (18.25-ounce) box Duncan Hines Orange Supreme cake mix
1-1/3 cups water
1/3 cup nondairy milk (vanilla preferred)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg equivalents, prepared (e.g., 4-1/2 teaspoons Egg replacer mixed with 6 tablespoons water)
2 cups white frosting (homemade or use Duncan Hines whipped topping)
24 Creamsicle Golden Oreos (plain golden work also)
1. Position oven rack in lower part of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine cake mix, water, nondairy milk, vegetable oil, and egg replacer; mix well until blended (a few chunks are ok).
3. Place liners in cupcake pan, and then fill each cupcake liner half way with the batter.
4. Bake on lower rack for 17 minutes. While warm, transfer cupcakes to plate and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Top each cupcake with icing (you don't have to use a lot, because the oreos are going on top). Twist the Oreos apart and place the side with the filling on each cupcake, filling side facing up. Then after placing one half of an oreo on each cupcake, dap a drop of frosting on top (for decoration, optional). And then MMM! Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.