Vegan Magic Bread
2 tablespoons flax seeds
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup nondairy margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces vegan chocolate chips
2 cups spelt flour
1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
1 cup mashed banana
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup almonds, sliced
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 315 degrees F.
2. In a coffee grinder or food processor, grind flax seeds. Transfer to bowl and whisk in water. Mix in margarine and vanilla.
3. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients (chocolate chips, flour, coconut flakes, mashed banana, sugar, almonds, walnuts, baking soda, and salt). Add flax mixture; stir until evenly mixed.
4. Pour into 8" x 8" dish or bread tin. Sprinkle extra coconut flakes then chocolate chips on top as desired.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Cool and enjoy!
Variations: Add your favorite fruits (e.g., dates, raisins, etc.) or nuts (e.g., macadamia nuts, etc.)
Source of recipe: I had a similar style bread before. Its counterpart was not vegan, so I changed some of the ingredients and it tastes even better!