Vegan Donut Holes
oil, as needed for frying Topping:
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar Donuts:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 egg Ener-G egg replacers
3/4 cup nondairy milk
3 tablespoons safflower oil (or a light, high-heat oil)
1. Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl for topping. For donuts, mix together dry ingredients.
2. Add egg replacers, milk and oil. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth and doughy. Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and place in deep fryer rack.
3. Cook each side for about 3-5 minutes, or until light golden brown. Be careful not to make too big of dough-balls, or they will not cook all the way through, and you will end up with a gooey center.
4. If you are using the oven, cook in about 1" water. Be careful not to make the oil too hot, or they will not cook all the way through.
5. Remove from oil and roll donut hole in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Use a fork or spoon so that you don't burn yourself! Let sit for about 5-10 minutes to cool, and enjoy!