Vegan Choco-Chocolate Chip Cookies
2-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups evaporated cane sugar
1-1/4 cups refined coconut oil
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup ice water
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 package (10-12 ounce) vegan chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine the sugar, coconut oil, and cocoa powder. Mix with an electric blender on medium-high speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the ice water, molasses, and vanilla; mixing until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 to 4 additions, mixing each addition until almost fully incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips mixing until just combined.
4. Arrange tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned and the centers are set. Thoroughly cool on a cooling rack.
Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired by the book "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch". I added cocoa powder to the recipe to make it extra chocolaty!