Vegan Cabbage Rolls
1/2 medium or 1/4 very large cabbage
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 cup brown rice, cooked
6 ounces protein crumbles
1 (12-ounce) can organic crushed tomatoes with basil
1. In a saucepan, place cabbage and add enough water to just cover cabbage. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from water and rinse with cool water to stop cooking; set aside to cool.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic, diced pepper, cumin, and coriander seed; saute 5 minutes.
3. Add my rice (if used frozen cooked rice, cook until thawed and moisture has cooked out) and protein crumbles; cook 5 more minutes.
4. Place a cabbage leaf on a flat surface. Spoon filling mixture in center of leaf and then roll leaf tightly around mixture.
5. In an 8"x8" baking dish, place crushed tomatoes. Place cabbage rolls on top of tomatoes. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until leaves are soft.