1 1/2 cups nondairy milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/6 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin cups with nonstick spray or use silicone muffin cups and set aside for later. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together nondairy milk, vinegar, oil, maple syrup and vanilla; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, then stir in the cane sugar, sea salt and coconut flakes.
3. Add the wet into the dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer until it's smooth, about 2-3 minutes at medium speed.
4. Fill each muffin cup about 1/4 to 1/3 full, depending on the size of your muffin cups. Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
5. Remove cupcakes from the pan and place on wire rack or silicone mat. Make sure the surface they are cooling on is nonstick or they will stick and you will lose the bottom. Let cupcakes cool completely before glazing or frosting.
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.