Tomato Quinoa Soup
4-1/2 cups water + water for cooking potatoes, divided
4 large potatoes
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup chopped red onion
3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
2 (10.75-ounce) cans tomato soup (I use Campbell’s)
1 (15-ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1. Fill a large pot two-thirds full with water and place on the stove over medium-high heat. Wash and peel your potatoes and cut into small cubes. Once you water is boiling on the stove, add your chopped potatoes. Let boil until a fork easily breaks the cubes in half when inserted.
2. In a small pot, add 2 cups of water and quinoa. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa absorbs all of the water.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add celery and onions; sauté until your onions turn transparent.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, combine 2-1/2 cups of water, tomato soup, corn, garlic, basil, pepper, and salt. Once your potatoes, celery, onions, and quinoa are done, add them to the soup mixture.
5. Let warm on the stove for about 15 minutes over medium heat stirring regularly so it does not scorch.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.