Tofu Scramble and Hash Browns for Two
1 box silken firm tofu (Mori-Nu)
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 large green bell pepper, cut into small strips
1-1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula)
1-1/2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
1/2 tablespoon coarsely-ground black pepper
1/4 tablespoon turmeric
2 medium red potatoes, skin on, shredded
1 tablespoon onion sea salt (from grinder)
1/4 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper (or to taste)
FOR TOFU SCRAMBLE:
1) Sautee onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent.
2) In a bowl, mash tofu with liquid aminos, nutritional yeast, pepper, and turmeric.
3) Add tofu mixture to onions & peppers and cook until water from tofu evaporates and tofu starts to brown.
FOR HASH BROWNS:
1) Press out water from grated potatoes on plate between two layers of paper towel.
2) Spread grated potatoes to 1/2-inch layer on large griddle pan. Sprinkle with onion sea salt and pepper.
3) Cook on medium for 10 minutes or until bottom looks golden brown when corner is lifted up.
4) Cut hash browns into quarters to make it easier to flip over with large spatula. Cook until other side is golden brown when lifted up.
Divide scramble and hash browns into 2 equal portions and serve with orange juice.