4 to 6 ounces linguine pasta
10 ounces extra firm tofu
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
1/4 cup white wine
juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
2 tablespoons capers
4 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1) Press the tofu between paper towels for 10 minutes to remove excess liquid. Cut into four 1/8" slices. Salt and pepper each side. Dredge in the flour.
2) Cook linguine according to directions.
3) Meanwhile, heat a pan to medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon vegan butter. Add the tofu slices and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from the pan.
4) Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the capers, stirring to remove any cooked-on bits from the pan. Remove from the heat. Add half of the parsley and the remaining 1 tablespoon vegan butter, stirring until melted.
5) Top the linguine with the tofu and drizzle the sauce over. Sprinkle the remaining parsley over and around the plate. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: This is an adaption of my previous non-vegan tilapia piccata recipe. It is actually much tastier, and without the fishiness...