Tofu Croquettes with cabbage salad
--> Croquettes ingredients:
1 block of tofu, firm, crumbled
2 Tbsp of canola oil
3 large celeri stalks, minced
1 large oignon, minced
1 large garlic glove, minced
2 sheets of toasred Nori, reduced in powder or shredded
1 Tbsp of seafood or Old Bay seasoning (see link below)
1/2 cup of vegan bread crumps (Panko) + 1-2 cups for breading
1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (like Vegenaise)
--> Sauce ingredients:
1/4 cup of old-style mustard
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 lime juice
1 tsp maple sirup
2 tsp seafood or Old Bay seasoning
--> Carrot-cabbage salade
2 cups of shredded cabbage
1 cup of graded carrots
1 Tbsp of vegan mayonnaise
1 tsp of onion powder
freshly ground pepper
--> Home made Old Bay Seasoning:
1. Sauté the onion and the celery in the canola oil, for 5 minutes. Add the seafood seasoning and set asside to cool down.
2. Process tofu in a food processor to get it minced but but not puree. In a big bowl, mix well together: crumbled tofu, vegan mayonnaise, 1/2 cup bread crumps, the nori, garlic and the cooled down celery-onion mix.
3. Take about a tablespoon of mixture and make a ball. Using the palm of your hand, gently press the bread crumbs into the cakes.
4. In a non-sticky pan, add few drops of cannola oil, medium heat, cook each side for 5 minuts, until golden.
5. For the salad mix all the ingredients together.
6. Serve each croquette on a bed of salade, with some sauce on top.