Thick and Hearty Vegan Chili
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped/minsed/pressed (I love garlic - put in more or less, depending on what you like)
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 (15 ounce) cans of beans (I use black beans and kidney beans)
2 tsp. "Better than Bullion" concentrated stock (or 2 cans of veg broth or 2 c. water)
1 (15 ounce) can of corn
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup rice
pepper to taste
Optional: chopped potatoes, brocolli, noodles, etc. You can mix it up with this recipe. Add what you love!
1. Rinse the beans and corn.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and sautee until the edges are nearly translucent.
3. Add garlic and sautee for 1 minute.
4. Add all other ingredients except for rice.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover with a lid. Simmer 30 minutes, then add rice. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes, or until rice is ready.
*** Note: Cornbread goes well with this chili!!!