Tangy Organic Potato Salad
5 large organic red potatoes, cubed
1 to 2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1/4 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons organic dried dill
fresh ground organic peppercorns
1 tablespoon organic yellow mustard
1/3 organic red onion, tiny dice
3 large organic radishes, quartered and sliced thin
1/2 organic cucumber, seeded and diced
2/3 cup organic black olives, sliced
1. Place cubed potatoes in pot and fill with water to cover potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon salt and place over medium high heat until water begins to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer until potatoes are fork tender-- NOT overcooked and falling apart. Remove from heat, drain in collander and rinse with cold water to help stop cooking. Set aside to drain/cool.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cayenne, dill, salt, pepper and yellow mustard.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, pour them into a medium-large bowl and add the onions and radishes. Pour 1/2 the dressing over potatoes and fold gently with a spatula...being careful not to "mash" up the potatoes.
4. Let potato mixture cool to room temperature before adding the cucumber, olives and remainder of dressing.
5. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for at least 1 day for best flavor.
Source of recipe: I created this recipe after reading through several vegan potato salad recipes. I wanted to use the fresh produce recently harvested from my garden (cucumber, dill and radish) and this is what I came up with. Mmmmm....