Sweetie Pie Snuggle Cake
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking POWDER
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can full-fat coconut milk
3 tablespoons peanut butter, cocoa powder, or other flavoring
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk together until there are NO lumps the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. It is important to make sure that the sugar is evenly blended.
3. Add the can of coconut milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Stir in the peanut butter or other flavoring. I have a feeling that this is optional but I haven't tried it without so I don't know.
5. Pour the batter into an ungreased 8" cake pan. This recipe makes only one layer for a cake, so plan accordingly. You could also make a half-dozen cupcakes with the same recipe, or double it to make a two-layer cake.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center of the cake is firm. Allow to cool on a rack for at least 5 minutes before inverting and cooling completely. Very yummy with coconut icing.
Source of recipe: I invented this cake as a lazy girl's alternative to caramel corn.