Sweet Potato & Veggie Burrito
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 cloves garlic, chopped (not minced)
1/3 (12 ounce) package vegan sausage
1 small onion, chopped finely
1/2 (14 ounce) can sweet corn
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped finely
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
8 whole wheat tortilla wraps
1. In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-low heat. Add potato and garlic to the skillet, stirring to coat them with the oil.
2. Cover and let cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. (Don't overcook them, or they will turn into mashed potatoes!) You will want to check them every 5-10 minutes to turn so that they do not burn. I actually stayed with mine and stirred every few minutes, though it was probably not necessary to do so.
3. In a small skillet, cook vegan sausage for 5 minutes, crumbling it while stirring. Once the potatoes are just about done, heat up another large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the onions, peppers, and corn. Let them cook and slightly caramelize for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Add the black beans, cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until warm.
5. Add the sweet potatoes and vegan sausage. Stir to combine all ingredients. Wrap into tortillas and enjoy!