Sweet Garden Chili
3 cups kidney beans
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
3 cups zucchini, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/8 cup avocado oil
1 tablespoon fajita or chipotle seasoning
2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
1/4 cup hickory barbecue sauce (I use Stubb's)
1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
1. Place beans in glass bowl, and pour boiling water over them so they are covered in water. Leave them with a lid on top of the counter. You could let them soak all day.
2. Once the beans have been soaked, put them in a large pot on the stove with water covering them. Throw in the garlic, and boil with the lid covering on a medium or medium to low.
3. Check and stir every 15 minutes. Add more water, if needed. The water turns into the broth/sauce of the chili.
4. After 30 minutes, add the cumin and smoked paprika. Beans tender? Great, add the zucchini. 15 minutes later, add the tomatoes and oil.
5. Then add the remaining seasoning, BBQ sauce, and Bragg's. Let it do its simmer thing. 15 minutes later, stir in the TVP. Let it go until you taste a spoonful and feel it is ready.
Source of recipe: Moi. A creation of a California kitchen.