Sweet Dinner Rolls
2 tablespoons yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup margarine (Earth Balance is the best for this)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons Ener-g egg replacer
6 tablespoons warm water
4 1/2 cups flour
1. Mix yeast and 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl, set aside. In a saucepan, melt margarine, water, sugar, and salt. Let cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix egg replacer and warm water with a whisk until blended. Add the yeast mixture and the margarine mixture, stir to combine.
3. Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing as you go. It will create a sticky dough. Let rise, covered, until doubled in size. Punch it down, cover with a damp cloth or saran wrap, and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 3 hours.
4. Roll out flat and cut into circles for traditional rolls or roll into balls and place 3 balls into muffin tins to create clover rolls.
5. Shape and let rise until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 12-17 minutes (check frequently after 12 minutes), until lightly browned on top.