Sweet and Spicy Fried Rice
1 1/2 cups rice (I use Calrose)
2 cups water
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup julienned carrots (or frozen would work too)
1/4 cup frozen broccoli florets
hot chili sauce, to taste (I use Sriracha)
sweet chili sauce, to taste (I use Mae Ploy brand)
2-3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
3 tablespoons cooking oil
avocado slices (optional)
seasoned roasted dried seaweed slices (optional)
1. Put 1 1/2 cups rice and 2 cups water in a rice cooker and cook (takes about 15 minutes). If you don't have a rice cooker or are using a different kind of rice just follow the directions on the rice package.
2. Let the rice cool completely. I usually cook the rice earlier in the day and eat it for dinner.
3. Scoop rice out of cooker into a large bowl and mix with 2 to 3 tablespoons Braggs or soy sauce to taste, be careful not to add too much!
4. Add the carrots, peas, broccoli florets, and corn to the rice mixture (you can substitute or add different veggies if you wish). Do not add the green onions yet.
5. Heat about 3 tablespoons oil in a large pan or pot and add rice and veggie mixture, cook for about 5 minutes on high heat.
6. Add green onions, hot chili sauce, and sweet chili sauce to taste, cook for another 5 minutes on high heat.
7.Serve fried rice topped with sliced avocado and scoop spoonfuls into seasoned roasted dried seaweed slices or just eat the fried rice plain, either way, enjoy!
Source of recipe: Created this myself!