Super Tasty, Super Spicy, Super Quick Pasta Sauce!
1 tin of tomatoes (about 400ml)
3 teaspoons minced garlic
4 teaspoons minced chili
ground Italian herbs (i.e.: marjoram, parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage - lots of places sell these as a mix)
1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
big spoonful of tomato paste!
your favorite sort of pasta!
This is a super quick, delicious pasta sauce that serves as one of my staples, tastes good on just about everything and keeps pretty well too.
1. Heat a teaspoon or so of olive oil on high in a medium-sized pot.
2. When it is nice and hot, add the chili and garlic. Add optional onion at this point too. If you use the onion, cook until onion is soft and golden, or otherwise until the garlic and chili is just cooked.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes (or you can peel and chop your own, but that would make preparation longer!) and tomato paste.
4. Stir! Stir good! Mix it all up!
5. Add the herbs and mix again.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for as long as you want/are able.
6. If you have the time, or feel like it, add some other ingredients here! Artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and mushrooms are especially divine! It will make cooking time longer though!
Of course, if you are a clever cookie, you would have put your pasta water on to boil in another pot and will have prepped your pasta. As this sauce is so quick to make, put the water on a few minutes before you start the sauce.
Nutritional information? Its good for you!