Super Stuffed Potato Skins!
2 red skinned potatoes (about the size of a fist)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon sriracha
1/4 cup onion, chopped
16 smoked almonds, divided (or just use vegan bacon bits)
3 slices vegan cheese, rolled up and shredded (I like to use Tofutti 2 yellow and 1 white)
2 green onions, sliced into rings
1. Poke holes all over the potatoes and microwave for about 5 minutes, or until they are done. Let them cool slightly. Slice in 1/2 along the long axis and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4" potato attached to the skin. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Take the scooped out potato flesh and mix it with the oil, salt, nutritional yeast, mustard and sriracha. It should be a lovely shade of orange (like cheese!). After it is mixed uniformly, mix in the chopped onions. Place 4 smoke flavored almonds in the bottom of each potato skin.
3. Place a few shreds cheese on top of the almonds in each potato skin. Top that with your mixed up orange potato/onion filling. Using your fingers, gently smooth the filling on top so it is rounded and not falling of the sides.
4. Place the remaining shredded cheese on top of the potato/onion filling. Bake in an oven or toaster oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top has melted and started to turn brown just a little.
5. You can help it out if you are impatient by using the broiler for the last few minutes. Place super stuffed potato skins on a plate and top with green onions.
Serve with vegan sour cream or eat as is! Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I made this up, and it is delicious!