Super easy and healthy Saag
1 cup cabbage
bunch of broccoli
bag of spinach
green chilli/red chilli powder
1. put 3 cups of water in a large pot - make hot (not boil)
2. put in cabbage, spinach and broccoli (you will want to roughly chop the broccoli and cabbage)
3. grind together ginger, garlic, chilli and salt and add to pot - (my mom makes it into a fine paste- I just chop it up really fine) (i use 5 cloves of garlic as the dish derives flavour mainly from this ingredient and ginger, salt and chilli to taste)
4. put on low/medium for 30 minutes
5. After 30 minutes the ingredients should be soft- use potato masher to blend together
6. If there is excess water add a little flour and continue mashing together as it cooks.
Our family favourite is to eat it with some butter(vegan margarine) in the middle.
Serve with roti/naan/slice of toasted bread/bagel
(tastes even better the next day)